Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oh I Love The Bunny Bunny!

EASTER IS UPON US!

I remember as a little kid livin' for the day that the Easter Bunny would come to my house to leave me chocolates and presents! It was like Christmas in April! And of course the present entailed Stuffed Bunnies, Movies of Easter and the Gospel of Jesus. I
always found it strange that the so called Easter Bunny would leave me a stuffed bunny...seein' as how he's a bunny himself. But it didn't matter to me.

As I got older of course I found out who the Easter Bunny was...so now what do I get? A big huge chocolate bunny! It's just a little ritual me and my mama started about 3 years ago. She would get me a big bunny...and of course I would commence to singin' that song from Veggie Tales Rack Shack and Benny, "The Bunny The Bunny oh I love the Bunny Bunny." But of course last year she bought me Peter Rabbit. She fussed cause I didn't eat it I just let it turn white. My response to her madness was, "Mama I can't eat Peter Rabbit!" So maybe this year she will learn her lesson and not buy me a Peter Rabbit Chocolate Bunny. PLEASE!

As much as I love the Big Chocolate Bunnies on Easter I always have to remember the real reason for Easter. It's a reflection of what Christ did for a sinner like me. He took on my sins just so that in God's eyes I would be washed white as snow. He came to fulfill the prophecies told in the Old Testament.


“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.”


~ John 3:16-18 ESV

No comments: