Monday, March 28, 2011

Could It Be Christmas Time Again?!

Growing up in the South is awesome! You always get to learn about truck drivin', fishin', huntin' and best of all how to drive a tractor! But a day on the farm can be quickly ruined when Pops favorite tractor breaks on him and that bad day can quickly turn into a bad couple of weeks and soon a bad couple of months when you can't find the right parts for the broken tractor.

Why? You may ask! Cause Pops got a tractor from an old friend Gene Garvin and unfortunately that tractor was a victim of an assembly line change so findin' parts for it was darn near impossible! This made my Pops very sad...cause he likes nothing more than to ride his tractor.

But his sadness quickly changed on this very cold rainy day...yes that would be today!
His tractor part came in! He opened the box like a little kid at Christmas Time. All the while sayin', "Could be my part? Could it be my part?! It is Erika! It is! Oh boy! The only part left in the whole world! Erika take my picture!" And so I did...

Look at the Joy on that Southern Man's face!
You would never think that a tractor part could make one person so happy! But when that one part was the last part needed to fix the Farmall that has been out of commission for nearly a month. Well I say...

THAT'S ENOUGH TO PUT A SMILE ON ANYONE'S FACE!

2 comments:

trafficlight(: said...

This makes me happy!! (: Uncle David always looks sad , but this sure did turn that frown upside down!(:

Poof said...

I'm so glad he got that part. I've missed hearing the echo of his tractor roaming the fields.