Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Things of This World are Sometimes Not Fair

I have always been told things happen for a reason...

Sometimes these reasons are beyond our control. Does a child abuser deserve a punishment? How about a man who assaults his own step-daughter in ways she can't even imagine? But now I ask, does an innocent man deserve to be punished for something he didn't do? You hear everyday in the news of the many people who get off with doing things that by law should sentence them to just a few years or maybe even life in jail. So how does an innocent man get time in jail?

I take offense when it hits close to home...and in a time like this the only place I can turn to or better yet the place I always turn to is God and His Word. The first thing that came to my mind was Integrity--> the quality of being honest. So I set out to find scriptures on integrity.

"Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found
out."
-Proverbs 10:9 ESV

"The integrity of the upright guides them, but the crookedness of the treacherous destroys them."
-Proverbs 11:3 ESV


"Whoever walks with integrity will be delivered, but he who is crooked in his ways will suddenly fall."
-Proverbs 28:18 ESV

So why can't people just have integrity and be honest and own up to what they did? Instead of puttin' it off on someone else. Just a few more parting words. I just want to tell that family member, I love you and we will get through this...all of us.

With God's help that is!

No comments: