Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's Kind of a Hobby of Hers

Mama started makin' cakes years ago...she has gotten quite good at it! Here recently she has asked me to help her with a few of them. I have helped her with anything from a Gilligan's Island Cake (which was my birthday cake 2 years ago), a John Deere Boot Cake and her latestaddition a Topsy Turvy Sweet 16 Cake. I have become quite the fondant queen! Even though I do not like the stuff very well! Thehobby that started out as a her makin' cakes on occasion for family members has now hit the halls of Aiken Electric Coop. She spends her weekends bakin' cakes and comin' up with designs for her customers. So I decided that I would make the Logo above for her to use. I keep tellin' her that she should start a business on the side and name it Tira's Tasty Treats...in honor of her Mother and my Nanny, Tira Day. Mama's first cake was made in the kitchen of Nanny's house which makes the name perfect for her signature cakes.

Who know's maybe you yourself one day will have the honor of tasting a cake from Tira's Tasty Treats! :)

No comments: